Monday, July 14, 2014

... it's beginning to look a lot like Winter Solstice...

My wedding isn’t until Winter Solstice of this year but slowly aspects are coming together to make the wedding very “me”. Since we’re getting married in a small private ceremony with only a few friends, there really isn’t much that I need to keep secret in order to surprise guests. The only thing that I’m not really sharing much of is my dress since my fella wants to be surprised. He knows that it’s red; he knows that I’ll have a black veil with bats; and, he’s seen the shoes. Earlier today, I even sent him pictures of these exciting creations that arrived today!

These are by Lisa at MiaettiaCreations’ on Etsy. I had seen some of her Custom Wedding Hair Clips & Boutonnieres on Off Beat Bride and on Pinterest. She makes these beautifully elaborate hair pieces out of paper. Most of her creations are flowers. Her spider originally caught my eye and I added it as a favorite on Etsy. She also has some dark flowers with poetry by Edgar A. Poe. Her Dia Los Muertos Wedding hair clip skull caught my eye and after that I knew I needed a custom order. This morning they arrived and they are perfect! 

I ordered two hair clips for my best friend and me, and a boutonniere for my best man. I’m not sure how I’m wearing my hair clip just yet because I have a veil with bats but I knew this was the perfect keepsake for my wedding. I have to admit that while it is a Winter Solstice themed wedding, I am bringing a bit more Christmas spirit to it. I made a Christmas ornament bouquet that I think turned out beautifully considering I had no idea what I was doing. 

Lisa included a Harold Pinter poem around the edge. I think it resonates with my relationship. 

"I know the place.
It is true.
Everything we do
Corrects the space
Between death and me
And you.”


~ Harold Pinter



No comments:

Post a Comment