Tuesday, February 3, 2015

... a gift of sleepy hollow pliés...

http://www.washingtonballet.org/season-performances/sleepy-hollow

I'm very excited about this.  The only time I have attended the Washington Ballet was to see Dracula and it was amazing... life changing even. This will be a little birthday present to myself... and considering that I waited until the last minute (i.e. I forgot the tickets had come out), I'm lucky that we could even get tickets.

Sleepy Hollow. An atmospheric thriller, Washington Irving’s classic tale is now being told through the expressive and lush language of ballet. In a love triangle, the new school teacher, Ichabod Crane, finds himself smitten by a flirtatious beauty, Katrina Van Tassel, much to the displeasure of town rowdy, Brom "Bones” Van Brunt. A rivalry ensues and the ghostly “Headless Horseman” comes into play one fateful night. This program features original live music.


7 comments:

  1. Wow, you get the best shows! very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, technically DC does but I'm willing to drive the two hours (plus whatever traffic has in store).

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, this looks amazing! And if there still are tickets I can go see it too, since I am currently in DC. :D Are you going with your man and what day are you going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Yep, he's coming. We picked the Sat 2/21 at 1:30 time because they had *better* (relative) tickets for us and he gets very fussy if he doesn't get a seat on the aisle. You'll probably get an amazing seat if you're a party of 1. I did that once for the Addams Family musical and ended up sitting between two groups but had amazing seats!

      Hope I get to see you...

      Delete
    2. Well, I just bought a ticket for the Saturday 1.30 pm show! :D It would be awesome to meet you two.

      Delete