Thursday, February 19, 2015

... Thursday ramblings about new hats, hair, dresses, and flowers in bloom...



Eeeek! Y’all tomorrow I will be standing in the BRRRRR -3 degrees at the train station. I’ve been getting by with scarfs wrapped around my head like I’m a babushka. It has worked just fine but while running errands this evening I spotted this Betsey Johnson Veil stocking cap and thought “Hmph, if I have to have hat-head, I should at least get the added benefit of a birdcage veil!”

I got my hair trimmed and my stylist always styles my hair super straight while I never do because I have wavy hair and I’m sort of lazy and rarely use product in my hair… and curls just seem easier. But here’s a not-so-good picture of my hair but I still love my sunglasses so there ya go.

My Jamberry Black Bats nail wraps arrived and I tried them out tonight. They’re nail wraps similar to the Sally Hansen Salon Effects that I’ve used before… but they’re thicker and are supposed to last longer. It was my first attempt so I know I didn’t do a very good job at cutting the wrap to fit my nail (you can see that mostly in my middle finger in the picture). I think this will be an in-progress activity; and, heck I’m all about a little project.

Other than that, my Sleeveless Iconic Coquette Banded Fit and Flare dress from White House Black Market arrived today. I was hoping that it would arrive in time for the ballet so yay! Jade from Daughter of the jaded era and I will have my fella take pictures of our outfits.




Oh, here are the tulips blooming in the sun! 

Is it me or have my blog posts been especially rambling lately? Geez. ‘Tis the season, I suppose.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! And thankfully it also keeps my head warm :)

      Delete
  2. I love the tulips and that veiled stocking cap is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite activities of winter is to force blooms in the house. Watching these tulips gradually open each day makes me feel so hopeful.

      Delete
  3. The veil beanie is great! And the tulips look like spring is coming!
    ~ Tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute cap for cold weather! :-) That would be something wearing here in cold Sweden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it is easily DIY-able. It's just a stocking cap with a pom-pom and a bit of birdcage veil.

      Delete
  5. Love veiled beanies! <3

    http://retro-electric.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete