Monday, April 13, 2015

...lists and a Liebster award to discover new blogs...



I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the Sylvie at Little Corp Goth Girl. The Liebster award is given to fellow bloggers who have less than 200 followers.

THE RULES:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have fewer than 200 followers.
5. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.

11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:

  1. I don’t like being told what to do and I don’t follow rules when they’re not absolutely required so I won’t be tagging anyone partly because I’m sick and it requires more thinking than I’m up to tonight… but a freebie is that I love filling out lists! No seriously!
  2.   I feel guilty when I don’t follow rules.
  3.  I genuinely follow the rules.
  4. I hold a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
  5.  I’m bilingual.
  6.  I love puppies and babies animals but human children evoke absolutely no emotion except maybe slight disgust.
  7.  I have a level of sarcasm that sometimes makes others uncomfortable.
  8. My best friend was a 100-lb fawn Doberman named Aslan. He passed in 2006. I miss him still and I can’t imagine having another dog.
  9. I only *bought* one pet…a ferret named Sugaplum (that’s right… no R so you people have to say his name the Southern way). He was the spawn of the devil and drew blood on everyone he met. I was given two other ferrets after him… Aslan was also an ex-boyfriend’s dog. I’m good at caring for living things and inanimate objects.
  10. Some of the jewelry that I currently wear are pieces that I wore when I was 15.
  11. I buried too many close friends before I was considered a legal adult. I carry these friends with me daily.

Sylvie ask us to respond to DASIA'S 11 QUESTIONS TO HER NOMINEES:



1.    When and why did you start blogging?
I started a research blog in 2007 basically taking my doctoral dissertation and putting it online for the masses to access.

2.    With MP3s and internet streaming, do you still buy CDs or DVDs?
I wish cassette tapes were an option… but yes, I buy hard copies because I’m that kind of girl. I (proudly) have never purchased anything from iTunes… although to be fair, I sometimes force my fella to do it for me :p

3.    How would you describe your style of dress?
Cartoon-Goth-Fun… I don’t know. I just made that up.

4.    What religion or philosophy do you ascribe to?
Raised Catholic by a Science Fiction lover… double majored in World Religions in undergrad because I enjoyed cultures and religions.

5.    What are your favorite TV shows on the air right now?
I just started The Returned on A&E. We watch Walking Dead, Mad Men. I’m waiting for The Strain to return. I’m also watching iZombie OnDemand because I’ve been on the sofa being sick.

6.    What other hobbies do you participate in, besides blogging?
Gardening, tour guiding, reading…

7.    If you participate in the arts, which ones do you participate in?  Are you a hobbyist or a professional?
I’m a professor of English so by profession I write… but more academic than for fun… but aren’t academics fun?!? I also call myself a Craftist (Craft-Artist)… I do collage art when the mood strikes me. I have a series of Day of the Dead inspired pieces around the house.

8.    If a movie was being made about your life, which actor/actress would play you?
Julia Stiles because apparently she looks like me so I hear.

9.     Choose one: Coffee or tea?
COFFEE!!!! Or Iced Tea in the summer

10.                    What colors have you dyed your hair?
Blonde, red, purple, black

11.                    Introvert, extrovert, or ambivert?
Introvert 


2 comments:

  1. Bet you felt guilty for not tagging anyone hahaha! I think it is awesome you have a black belt in tae kwon do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first item on your list perfectly describes why I fell for you the first time we met. I don't like rules either!! I used to have a favorite sweatshirt that said something like, "Rules are for people who have to be told what to do."... or something like that (it's been worn out and gone for a long time).

    ReplyDelete